The North West Region has a forum that deals with safety issues from any industry where CWU has members. It is attended by Branch Safety Co-ordinators and senior safety representatives, meeting every three months in Blackpool. It organises CWU participation in safety events such as Workers Memorial Day, Mesothelioma Day and deals with safety as a political issue rather than sectional. Corporate Accountability, Asbestos Regulation and other government consultations are discussed and responses co-ordinated at the Forum.
North West BT Unions Health & Safety Co-ordinator’s Committee
Made up of CWU and Connect Union Safety Reps within BT, the committee aims to provide the best advice and representation for our members and to:
- Ensure a safe working environment
- Promote occupational health
- Help members raise safety concerns
- Advance industry best practice
- Provide representation at national meetings
- Raise issues with other safety or government bodies
Our greatest assets are our Union Safety Representatives and we fully support them in their work. Unionsafety, the North West BT H&S Co-ordinator’s website can be accessed here.