Useful Links

Union Resources

BT Health & Safety Website

Regional health & safety committee

National HQ

The Communication Workers Union is the biggest union for the communications industry in the UK with almost 200,000 members.


UnionLine is wholly owned by the CWU & GMB and provides a full range of legal services and benefits to all CWU members, this includes personal injury and employment law claims, free simple wills, preferred rates for probate & Powers of Attorney, fixed rate conveyancing, as well as an advice line that covers any legal matter.

Labour Unions

Labour Unions are the collective voice of the 12 Trade Unions that are affiliated to the Labour Party. They campaign for a Labour Government that will transform the lives of working people for the better.

CWU Humanitarian Aid

Communication Workers Union Humanitarian Aid (CWUHA) is a charitable organisation which was set up in a response to the plight of vulnerable children.

UIA Insurance

UIA Mutual Insurance has been providing great value, high quality insurance to trade union members and their families for over 125 years.

Unite Against Fascism

Campaigning against fascism, racism and Islamophobia.

The Labour Party North West

Labour North West campaigns from Barrow in Furness to Crewe and Nantwich to win for Labour. They have the most Labour MPs and members outside London but need even more.

TUC North West

The North West TUC represents over eight hundred thousand working people. They work closely with their affiliated unions to make sure the voice of North West workers is heard in the workplace, in our communities and in wider society.

National Pensioners Convention

The NPC’s main objective is to promote the welfare and interests of all pensioners, as a way of securing dignity, respect and financial security in retirement.


Acas (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) provides free and impartial information and advice to employers and employees on all aspects of workplace relations and employment law.

Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy

Government department for economic growth, investing in skills and education to promote trade.

Equality and Human Rights Commission

The Equality and Human Rights Commission protect people against discriminatory treatment and hold organisations, such as businesses and Government to account.

Financial Advice

The Money Advice Service

Free and impartial money advice. Advice and guides to help improve your finances. Tools and calculators to help you keep track and plan ahead. Support in person, over the phone and online.

BT Benevolent Fund

Assistance for current BT people can be by grants. It’s typically given where people have fallen behind with priority payments such as rent, mortgage and council tax or utility bills due to long-term illness, redundancy, relationship break-up or other unforeseen events.

The Rowland Hill Fund

The Rowland Hill Fund provides financial and practical assistance to serving and retired Royal Mail and Post Office employees and their dependants.

Citizens Advice

Advice and guides to help improve your finances. Support in person, over the phone and online. Find your local Citizens Advice Bureau online.

Macmillan Cancer Support

If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with cancer. Find out what to expect, get information, practical advice and support, hear from experts and read other people’s experiences.


You can get in touch about anything that’s troubling you. Relationship and family problems, loss, including loss of a friend or a family member through bereavement, financial worries, job-related stress college or study-related stress, loneliness and isolation, depression, painful and/or disabling physical illness, heavy use of or dependency on alcohol or other drugs, thoughts of suicide.

Department for Work and Pensions

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy. DWP provide services in a number of ways, for example through Jobcentre Plus, The Pension Service, the Child Maintenance Service and partner organisations. They also deal with carers and disability benefits.

Jobcentre Plus

How you contact Jobcentre Plus depends on the help you need, e.g. finding a job, changing an appointment, checking an existing claim or making a new claim or complaint.

The Pension Service

The Pension Service helps with State Pension eligibility, claims and payments.

Child Maintenance Service

Child maintenance is financial support towards your child’s everyday living costs when you’ve separated from the other parent. The Child Maintenance Service is for when you and the other parent can’t agree to a family-based arrangement.

Disability Service Centre

Get advice or information about a claim you’ve already made for Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payment.


The housing and homelessness charity. Shelter gives practical housing advice and support online, in person and by phone. Expert advisers give free, confidential advice 365 days a year. Helping with everything from mortgage arrears to finding a place to sleep.


Crisis is the national charity for single homeless people. Offering classes, training, help and advice with applying for jobs and more in their Skylight centres (contact details online). Crisis does not provide emergency accommodation, however they can offer information on who to contact if you are looking for emergency accommodation.


Centrepoint is the UK’s leading charity for homeless young people, supporting 16-25 year olds with housing, learning, health and life skills.


Expert debt advice and fee free debt management and practical solutions.