Knowing your rights as a young person in today’s society is vital within your working life. Without your working rights, how will you know what’s right and wrong, how will you know when to speak up and do you know who to speak to if things go wrong
Being a member in your Trade union “CWU” is your RIGHT! But being involved is the key.
The NW Young Workers Committee meets four times a year and the committee’s priorities for this year are:
- Work closely with Branches to embed new role description and support Young Workers Officers
- Monitor the attrition rates of Young Workers and provide information and support to the Region on recruiting young workers
- Organise and run Workplace events specifically aimed at motivating and encouraging Young Workers to get more involved with the union
- Hold a political event to encourage young members to become more active with in the Union and the wider trade union movement.
- Work closely with Retired members and other Leads to develop, share knowledge and experience
The NW Young Workers Committee cannot work without YOU, ITS MEMBERS.
Please contact Dan Wrigley, Regional Young Workers Lead firstname.lastname@example.org for further info and to volunteer to be a member of the CWU’s North West Regional Young Workers Committee.